Casa Kids, prenatal through 18 years old, who have been traumatized by severe child abuse or neglect, stay at the Casa Kids Campus, a safe and nurturing setting on 11.4 acres of land in San Marcos, California.
Each Casa Kid receives comprehensive trauma informed care tailored to their individual physical, social, emotional, developmental, and educational needs, while also ensuring they have as many healthy childhood experiences as possible.
Casa de Amparo is licensed to accept ambulatory and non-ambulatory children and those with special healthcare needs. It is the only licensed residential treatment center in San Diego County serving pregnant and/or parenting foster youth.
- 24/7 care, crisis intervention, and support
- Therapeutic rehabilitation and recreation programs
- Individual and group counseling
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management
- Full time and on-call nursing services
- Education evaluation and school placement
- Healthy leisure and cultural trips
- Supervised visits with supportive family members
- Life, social, nutrition, and career guidance
Program and Facility
- Started in August 1978 in Oceanside, California
- Relocated to the Casa Kids Campus in April 2012
- ADA compliant and LEED certified campus
- Casa Kids are housed in three cozy, home-like cottages with kitchens, common living areas, patios, and laundry facilities
- Outdoor play areas, basketball court, walking trails, gardens, library, and activities room
- Housing for 50 Casa Kids, including 12 infant
Residents are referred by a Child Welfare Social Services worker or probation officer from San Diego County, or other counties that Casa de Amparo has contracts with. Clients do not pay fees for the program.
Director of Residential Services
Casa Kids Campus
325 Buena Creek Road
San Marcos, CA 92069
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm