Casa Kids, ages 18 to 25, who are foster and former foster youth, can participate in New Directions, a transitional housing program that equips youth with the necessary skills and resources to make a successful transition from foster care to independent living.
- Stable housing, furnishings and basic necessities
- Support for overall medical and mental health
- Employment, education, and career planning
- Money management
- Life skills training
- Relationship mediation
- Monthly gift cards for groceries and transportation
- Emancipation funds available upon graduation
- Optional matched savings program
- Parenting skill-building for residents with children
Program and Facility
- Started in June 2008
- Apartments in Oceanside and San Marcos
- Fully furnished and equipped
- Housing for 64 Casa Kids and their children
Eligibility and Fees
Clients are referred by San Diego County Child Welfare Services. Teens from Casa de Amparo’s Residential Services may be referred as well. Potential clients can self-refer by contacting New Directions to determine eligibility. Participants contribute to reduced rent on a graduated plan.
New Directions Program Manager
New Directions Office
4055 Oceanside Boulevard, Suite F
Oceanside, CA 92056
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
This program maintains on-call, 24-hour emergency case management support. Office hours for advocates are flexible.